In 1827 Richard’s sister, Louise, accepted an engagement at the Leipzig Theatre and therefore moved from Breslau to Leipzig. Their mother and the younger siblings seized the opportunity to leave Dresden and to return to their home town. Richard also moved back to his home town of Dresden. The partly reunified Wagner family moved into a residence in Leipzig’s Pichhof. This site arose in 1704 when the city prohibited citizens from sealing their own beer barrels with tar (known as “Pichen”). For reasons of fire risk, “Pichen” was no longer meant to take place in the city centre. A yard, specially dedicated to this, named the Pichhof, was situated beyond the Halle Gate, to the east of Gerber Gasse, roughly on the grounds of the present-day Leipzig Central Station. Richard Wagner’s mother and his sisters managed to establish a warm and comfortable home for the whole family here and even to turn it into a meeting point for artists.